Our easy to follow instructions make for an easy DIY installation.
- Clean the surface of your frame to remove contaminants like dust, grease, oil.
- Use the alcohol swabs provided as a final wipe to ensure that the surface is spotless, allow to dry.
- Install the self adhesive VELCRO® Brand fastener onto clean, dry surface only, at room temp. of 18°C or higher in non-humid conditions. If temperatures are low warm frame and VELCRO® Brand fastener with a hair dryer, or fan heater to increase the bond.
- Do not pre-cut the VELCRO® Brand fastener and attach to the screen; fix directly to window frame, one side at a time and cut.
- Do not touch the adhesive with fingers, ensure your scissors are sharp and clean.
- Hold the VELCRO® Brand fastener on the sides between your thumb and forefinger, peel back release liner without touching the glue to about 25mm (1″) and place in position.
- Continue down one side of the frame peeling back liner as you go, cut with clean scissors. Proceed with the other sides of frame.
- Apply pressure to the whole strip of the installed VELCRO® Brand fastener with a Stanley knife handle or teaspoon, (See pictures below.)
- Pressure activates the Pressure Sensitive Glue, pay special attention to the corners, these often get missed.
- The VELCRO® Brand fastener will fall away from the frame if sufficient pressure is not applied, it cannot be reused if this happens.
- The VELCRO® Brand fastener cannot be re-positioned either if you make a mistake, start again with new VELCRO® Brand fastener. Ensure there are no traces of glue behind and the surface is spotless.
- Allow 24 hours for the glue to cure thoroughly before installing your screen, it is worth the wait.
- Ensure the surface of the frame is sound i.e. no flaking or bubbling paint. All porous surfaces must be sealed i.e. raw timber, brickwork or concrete. These surfaces continually leach moisture and natural oils which hinder the adhesive performance.
- Some paint manufacturers use Teflon as a surface protector – you will need to sand your frame lightly with 1200 grit Wet & Dry paper to make a key for the adhesive. The same goes for some powder coated frames.
- PVC frames may be laminated, this interferes with the adhesive performance. VELCRO® Brand recommend a product called Septone from your auto shop, use it as a pre – wash before installation.
- New paint must be fully cured, follow manufacturers instructions for curing times. Paint vapours inhibit the strong performance of the adhesive.
- Resistance to edge peeling can be improved by nipping or rounding the corner of VELCRO® Brand fastener.
- All folds in your screens from shipping will fall out.
- Corners lifting are an indication that the VELCRO® Brand fastener has been contaminated during installation or there hasn’t been enough pressure applied. This can be resolved with a drop of super glue.
Removal of VELCRO® Brand Hook tape from your door, or window frame.
This is a link to a YouTube demonstration of how the UN-DU product works. Please note: We have no links to either the video producer, or the manufacturer of UN-DU.
If you would rather not measure or install a Flexiscreens insect screens yourself contact one of our great Installers/Distributors.